Our COVID-19 artwork: children from around the world share their experiences
We gave children the opportunity to share a piece of artwork that reflected something about their experience of life during COVID-19 restrictions (March-May 2020). The descriptions, stories and poems presented in this e-book have been transferred verbatim from the original submissions.
For each submission, we asked about the level of COVID-19 restrictions experienced by the child at the time of their entry. These levels consisted of:
· None (no change to normal living routine)
· Minimal (e.g. still attending school, but not allowed to play with friends after school)
· Some (e.g. still attending school, but not allowed to play with friends after school and needed to stay 1.5 -2 meters away)
· Moderate (e.g. home schooling, able to go out to parks)
· Severe (not allowed to leave the family home)
Fifty-five children from 17 different countries, aged 4-14yrs, submitted artwork. Their experiences reflect different levels of having to stay at home; some children were still able to attend school while others have experienced more intense lockdown.
This e-book is published under CC BY-NC-ND copyright and is free to use without modification with reference: "Foster M, Carter B, O'Sullivan TA, Quaye A (Eds) and The International Network for Child and Family Centred Care (2020) Our COVID-19 Artwork www.incfcc.weebly.com"