Why use Figshare?
mediaposted on 10.06.2020 by Liam Bullingham
Media is any form of research output that is recorded and played. This is most commonly video, but can be audio or 3D representations.
An accessible version of this video with closed captions is available at:
This is a short video explaining some of the benefits of using Figshare to disseminate research. Benefits for researchers include:
- instantly visual: your audience can view items straight from a web browser
- obtain a DOI for every item
- gain more citations
- track impact through views, downloads, altmetric scores, etc
- comply with funder policies
- share aspects of your research that might not make it into other outputs (articles, chapters)
- state exactly how you expect others to re-use your work with Creative Commons licences
Please below for links to the examples I use in the video