Deventer 2017 The Bees by Artizani Time-lapse
This time-lapse film is part of my doctoral research into contemporary UK outdoor arts. I use time-lapse videography to document the durational relationships between space, audience and performance.
This film was made with a single camera at Deventer Op Stelten (Netherlands) on the 8th and 9th of July 2017. The subject is ‘The Bees’, an installation by Artizani. In the film two speeds are used, with the second part being faster than the first. This acceleration reveals the rhythms of audience movement more clearly and formed the basis of experiments with temporal articulation in subsequent films in an attempt to find the most revelatory playback speed for a specific event.
- Drama, theatre and performance studies
- Entertainment and gaming
- Other psychology not elsewhere classified
- Human geography not elsewhere classified
- Sociology not elsewhere classified
- Performance art
- Performing arts not elsewhere classified
- Other creative arts and writing not elsewhere classified
- Arts and cultural policy
- Recreation, leisure and tourism geography
- Social and cultural anthropology
- Cultural geography
- Other human society not elsewhere classified