doncaster timlapse.mp4 (641.5 MB)
DN Festival 2018
mediaposted on 2020-06-22, 14:37 authored by James MacphersonJames Macpherson
This time-lapse film is part of my doctoral research into contemporary UK outdoor arts. I use time-lapse videography to document the durational relationships between space, audience and performance.
This film was made on the 28th July 2018 in Doncaster, a day on which there were strong winds and heavy showers and due to this weather, some performances had to be moved into CAST, the local arts centre. The theme of the festival was 'Space' and all of the performances had a connection to this theme.
During the festival the researcher conducted 'Vox-Pop' style interviews with audience members on a tricycle designed for the purpose and these interviews have been edited to provide the soundtrack.
- Drama, theatre and performance studies
- Entertainment and gaming
- Other psychology not elsewhere classified
- Human geography not elsewhere classified
- Sociology not elsewhere classified
- Performance art
- Performing arts not elsewhere classified
- Other creative arts and writing not elsewhere classified
- Arts and cultural policy
- Recreation, leisure and tourism geography
- Social and cultural anthropology
- Cultural geography
- Other human society not elsewhere classified
Time-lapseOutdoor artsRhythmanalysisPublic SpacesAudienceLefebvreFestivalsFestivalisationStreet artsStreet theatreDramaEntertainmentPsychology not elsewhere classifiedGeographySociologyDrama, Theatre and Performance StudiesPerformance and Installation ArtPerforming Arts and Creative Writing not elsewhere classifiedStudies in the Creative Arts and Writing not elsewhere classifiedArts and Cultural PolicyHuman Geography not elsewhere classifiedRecreation, Leisure and Tourism GeographySocial and Cultural AnthropologySocial and Cultural GeographyStudies in Human Society not elsewhere classified