DN Festival 2018
mediaposted on 22.06.2020, 14:37 by James Macpherson
This time-lapse film is part of my doctoral research into contemporary UK outdoor arts. I use time-lapse videography to document the durational relationships between space, audience and performance.
This film was made on the 28th July 2018 in Doncaster, a day on which there were strong winds and heavy showers and due to this weather, some performances had to be moved into CAST, the local arts centre. The theme of the festival was 'Space' and all of the performances had a connection to this theme.
During the festival the researcher conducted 'Vox-Pop' style interviews with audience members on a tricycle designed for the purpose and these interviews have been edited to provide the soundtrack.
- Psychology not elsewhere classified
- Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies
- Performance and Installation Art
- Performing Arts and Creative Writing not elsewhere classified
- Studies in the Creative Arts and Writing not elsewhere classified
- Arts and Cultural Policy
- Human Geography not elsewhere classified
- Recreation, Leisure and Tourism Geography
- Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Social and Cultural Geography
- Studies in Human Society not elsewhere classified