An introduction to the time-lapse rhythmanalysis of outdoor arts
This time-lapse film is part of my doctoral research into contemporary UK outdoor arts. I use time-lapse videography to document the durational relationships between space, audience and performance.
This film was made for a conference on Outdoor Arts (Making Waves, 2017) as an introduction to the research. It combines footage of several events and an introduction to the methodology used in the project. The target audience was outdoor arts professionals including performers, producers and funders.
The commentary was recorded from the transcript of the presentation after the conference.
- Drama, theatre and performance studies
- Entertainment and gaming
- Other psychology not elsewhere classified
- Human geography not elsewhere classified
- Sociology not elsewhere classified
- Performance art
- Performing arts not elsewhere classified
- Other creative arts and writing not elsewhere classified
- Arts and cultural policy
- Recreation, leisure and tourism geography
- Social and cultural anthropology
- Cultural geography
- Other human society not elsewhere classified