5R of Open image
The description below serves as the image ALT text and the link below is to the raw pptx file for revision/remixing.
This image depicts the 5Rs of Open with five columns and an arrow going from left to right stating the 5 Rs of Openness - The right to:
- Retain (copyright symbol): make, own, and control copies of the content
- Reuse (recycle symbol): use the content in a wide range of ways (eg within a class, study group, website, video)
- Revise (pencil symbol): adapt, adjust, modify, or alter the content itself (eg translate into another language)
- Remix (blender symbol): combine the original or revised content with other open content to create something new
- Redistribute (network symbol): share copies of the original content, your revisions, or your remixes with others.
This material is an adaptation of Defining the "Open" in Open Content and Open Educational Resources, which was originally written by David Wiley and published freely under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license at http://opencontent.org/definition/.
Advance HE Fellowship status
- Senior Fellowship
- Academic staff
- Has passed accessibility checks